Hot on the heels of Bedazzled, is her sister Beribboned!
This is another interlocking design, which features two fabrics that cascade down the quilt top like interlocking ribbons. (If you follow the pressing directions, all seams lock, which makes it really simple to put together.) It uses only 2 blocks and they are simple!
This time I used a white background with 3 Kona Brights charm packs, but you could use prints too! Oh – please send pictures!
As always, Deborah Norris did a fantastic job with the quilting…
|Look how she used both ribbon colors in the quilting so the green pops on the pink and vice versa!|
|Looking down the ribboned rows…|
I really love the litttle echoed feathers that curve around themselves in the background. Really, really love them. Thanks, Deborah!
Beribboned measures 74″ x 94″ will be available to ship in mid-November. Here is what you need to make her:
- Semicircles – 96 (4”) squares (3 Kona® Bright Charm Packs)
- Background – 3-3/4 yards (Kona® 1387 White)
- Ribbons Color A – 1-1/4 yards (Kona® 199 Cactus)
- Ribbons Color B – 1-1/4 yards (Kona® 1062 Candy Pink)
- Inner Border – 1/2 yard (Kona® 1295 Pomegranate)
- Middle Border – 3/4 yard (Kona® 23 Lemon)
- Outer Border – 1-3/8 yard (Kona® 199 Cactus)
- Binding – 3/4 yard for straight grain binding or 1-1/8 yard for bias binding (Kona® 199 Cactus)
- Backing 5-1/2 yards – (Kona® 1062 Candy Pink)
- Fusible Web 3 yards – (24” wide Warm Company® Steam-A-Seam 2)
- Tear-Away Stabilizer – 3 yards (Sulky® Tear-Easy Stabilizer)
- Appliqué Thread – 30 wt. Sulky® cotton appliqué thread
Next up… “Bejeweled”. Think yo-yos. Lot and lots of yo-yos. A really good quilt to travel with.
But, before then we have another Quilters Newletter giveaway so I’ll be back tomorrow!